MHI 594 12ths
– Developed in partnership with crane manufacturers
Our crane customers have used our encoders on hoist motors with good results for several decades. Of course, there have been lots of development, adaptions and improvements made to the products over the years, to tailor them for the industry. With this new inductive encoder we are taking a bigger leap – this is our most robust ø58 mm encoder ever.
The inductive scanning used on these incremental encoders is unaffected by magnetic fields which sometimes are imposed by break systems mounted on the motors. The encoder’s large bearing dimension together with its hollow-shaft design make for an increased operational lifetime and a unit that is easier to install compared with its predecessors. We removed small screws and washers, and adjusted the dimensions for easier installation by “big hands” working in cold climates.
- Improved lifetime due to larger bearings
- Self-contained bearing-based system mounting, compatible to industry standard interfaces
- Scanning unaffected by magnetic influence imposed by electric motors and break systems
- Insensitive to contamination, salt water and break dust
- Only 1 tool required for installation